We pick up children from area schools, and bring them to CGA for free play in the gym, homework help, and inside and outside play. Parents can relax knowing their child is safe and supervised in an active environment while parents are working. Tuition is paid weekly, in advance. Codington, Bellamy, CFCI, Holly Tree, Parsley, and Pine Valley are our priority schools for pick up for the 2018-2019 school year. Afterschool Campus includes 2600 sq ft facility, 15,000 sq ft CGA Gym, and our nature-filled Outdoor Playground & Recreation Area.
Daily Schedule: When children arrive at CGA, they are escorted from the van to the Afterschool Campus, where they store their backpacks on hooks, and go into the gym. The children are called out of the gym by grade to complete homework. The children then are allowed to play outside in all of our playgrounds on the CGA Afterschool Campus:
- *The Gym~15,000 square feet of gymnastics free play, with bars, rings, tumble traks, and 2 foam block pits. During holiday fun weeks, we have our inflatable bouncy houses out for the Afterschool kids to enjoy.
- *Playland~our wooded playground, equipped with swings, teeter totters, slides, zip lines, log roller, 3 gyro-twirls, Fun Ball hoop, a playhouse, and most importantly, nature!
- *Gameland~children play organized outdoor games with teachers.
- *Sportsland~soccer, T-ball, obstacle courses, relay races, basketball on our new Astroturf.
- *Artland~Playdough, painting, sidewalk chalk, finger painting.
- *Leisureland~Slingball, cornhole, hula hoops, picnic tables, and a place to relax and talk.
- *Afterschool building~in our brand new 2600 square foot building, we have educational toys, books, board games, card games, homework help, arts & crafts, and G or PG rated movies on rain days.
Our Staff: Most of our staff are UNCW or CFCC students, under the supervision of our Afterschool Director, Miss Heather. All have a love of children, and understand the responsibility and influence they have in the day to day lives of your children. All staff members are guided by our CGA philosophy: Where Kids Come First, & Learning is Important. Co-owners Rebecca Bishop & Michele Zapple are onsite, involved, and available, every day.
Safety & Security: Once the children enter the Campus, we expect that they will stay within our fenced-in Outdoor Recreation Area, Gym, or Afterschool Building, until they are checked out by the approved parent or guardian at the Afterschool Building. For your child’s safety, we do not allow any adults other than our staff, beyond the Afterschool lobby. Anyone picking up your child must be on your child’s paperwork, and should be prepared to show ID if asked.
Payment Rates & Policy: $78.00 per week, with a $40 non-refundable Annual Registration Fee. Early Release Days & Teacher Work Days are included at no additional charge, so there is no prorating of weeks. Unexpected school closings due to weather: 4 hours free care, with every additional hour at the rate of $8.00 per hour (if we are safe to open!). We require valid bank account, debit card, or credit card information to be kept on file for automatic debiting. Tuition is debited every Friday for the upcoming week. There is no prorating for missed days; your tuition is reserving your place on our van and in the program, regardless of attendance. If you decide to drop from our Afterschool program before the end of the school year, a two week paid notice is required.
Absence Policy: If we do not need to pick up your child for any reason, you must notify us by 2 p.m. when the vans leave the Afterschool Campus. We can’t leave a school without verifying the whereabouts of a child, and that takes extra time, and puts us behind schedule in picking up the next school. Repeated violations of this policy will result in a $10 “no call” fee.
Behavior Guidelines: We do not allow physical aggression, bad words, or bullying. If we see it, we address it immediately. We expect the children to respect the authority of the staff, and comply with all instructions, directions, and requests. If we are having trouble with a specific, repeated behavior, we will notify the parent; otherwise, we will take care of any misbehavior at the time. Most of our rules have to do with safety and courtesy, and must be enforced so that all children can play together safely and happily.
2:30 pm – 6:00 pm Monday – Friday
Ages Kindergarten-5th Grade